JAR WORKSHOP TECHNICIAN< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure Weatherford's Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental fully implemented and sustained across all areas of responsibility.
- Testing used Jars upon arrival from the field
- Disassemble and tag parts
- Clean and wire brush parts prior to inspection
- Assemble Jars in accordance to Weatherford process and procedures
- Test assembled Jars
- Paint tools
- Operate overhead crane
- Operate forklifts
- Load and Unload vehicles
- Complete and file Jar Service Reports
- Drain, disassemble and tag parts, recognize faulty or failed parts.
- Perform visual inspection with supervision; perform magnetic particle inspection with direct supervision.
- Maintain workshop and equipment, work in steam bay, paint tools and other general workshop duties.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
- Fully competent in the use of a breakout (bucking) machine
- Fully competent in the use of a jar testing machine
- Good technical knowledge of drilling Tools applications and components. Must have minimum of JAR Level-I.
- Essential: Completed Senior High School Certificate
- Preferred: Undergraduate Qualification in Technical Field.
- 2-3 years working as Jar Technician to Weatherford Level I or equivalent and Practical experience of Oil Industry, ideally in an R&M facility.