FIELD ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Undergo training in the applied procedures for the operation of Wireline equipment / tools / techniques in order to ensure quality and cost effective service is provided to each customer.
- Operate Wireline services tools as assigned.
- Isolates location of field failures and takes such remedial action as necessary to ensure service keeps running; documents and reports failures and recommends action to prevent recurrence.
- Informs Customers of any unusual conditions during the job and maintains direct contact with Customer's representative throughout running of service; analyzes tool failures and makes decisions to send for replacements or use alternative techniques
- Fosters and maintains Customer relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services and ensures the confidentiality of all logging operations.
- Prepares and signs service orders as an authorized representative of the Business Unit. Ensures service order is signed by Customer's representative.
- Supervises and assists an operator crew in the preparation of the unit and related equipment for a job and in such pre job, post job, regular, and specialized maintenance as necessary to meet Business Unit standards, and prepares and submits such technical and maintenance reports as required.
- Prepares Hazardous Material documentation, environmental, and post job summary as required.
- Undertakes such technical, safety, shop and office responsibilities as assigned by the Wireline Manager
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance management objectives, recommends changes in job classification and salary to management, and determines the need for additional training or recommends termination or reclassification, in a fair and consistent manner.
- Calls and leads safety meetings.
- Undertakes such study as required for promotion to Field Engineer.
- Reports accurate and in a timely manner all QHSE and Operational statistics in the recognized data bases.
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
Experience and Skills required:
- Knowledge of Petro-physical concepts
- English competent (read, write and verbal)
- Mechanical and Electrical Aptitude