SENIOR FIELD ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that where necessary skills gained are assessable by audit; ensure that periodic training needs are maintained.
- Continue to demonstrate, through assessment and internal interactions, full understanding of equipment, systems and functionality, hydraulics and down-hole calculations.
- Supervise the on-site rig crew, to ensure correct equipment handling during installation.
- Install CHC/FC equipment using proven and established working practises within the remit of Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Ensure that all possible preparations have taken place, equipment is fit for use and all pre-installation checks/testing have been carried out. Also to ensure that all documentation and/ or certification is relative to equipment.
- Maintain appropriate contact with client customer representative at the well site and ensure that Well-Systems Engineers/Operations are continually updated on current job status. Produce in depth reports, according to CHC/FC Standards of all well site activities prior to and during installation.
- Attend Field Supervisors’ and/or Operations meetings to share and update on recent well-site activities and new equipment/processes/technical information. Also to be briefed on CHC/FC business pertaining to operational activities.
- Attend pre-job briefing and debriefing meetings to update on customer requirements and/or parameters and communicate prepared reports to the relevant Well Systems Engineers and/or Service Managers and assist in follow-up reporting/processing as required. De-briefs to be completed as soon as is practicable on return to base to minimize effect on ongoing operations.
- Promote CHC/FC`s good name through customer interaction and a professional approach to the job in hand - fostering good relations for continued business.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude,
- Ensure that all documentation required for operational activities - i.e., Passports; statutory survival and medical certificates; appropriate immunisation documents, etc. - are up to date and maintained.
- Provide Company management with 24-hour contact/availability for all CHC/FC operations, and undertake any required training to a satisfactory level of achievement.
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by the Line Management with the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and the delegate is capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCE / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Possess a good level of general education of at least SCE Standard Grades in Mathematics & English Language.
- Possess at least 10 years relevant experience in offshore operations - at least 3 years of which should have been in a team leader capacity.
- Must continually demonstrate a good knowledge of Rig Systems and Drilling Operations, Well Services Operations and/or Well Completions along with a full understanding of Down-hole Hydraulics and the ability to perform calculations related to the above e.g., tubing stress analysis and torque and drag.
- Must have demonstrated Supervisory and Communication Skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Must demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources.
- Must demonstrate basic keyboard and/or computer skills.
- Must be able to anticipate customer needs and be a key player in developing relationships.
- Must have a clear customer focus, and be able to understand the variety of people and business cultures in different areas of the business and respond to them accordingly.
- Must be able to use the right information and/or systems and/or technology, and be able to consistently identify and recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Must have a good commercial awareness.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.