JUNIOR FIELD ENGINEER - WL< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford Engineers ensure that our customer's requirements are met or exceeded by maintaining a high standard of professionalism, quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of well logging and completion operations. With your professionalism, strong work ethic, leadership and teamwork skills, you will help make Weatherford the preferred wireline service company in the World.
The position of Field Engineer is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry. As a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The operation and management of a mobile field unit and crew;
- The operation of a proprietary surface computer system to collect, verify and analyze complex geological, geophysical, and mechanical readings from sub-surface well logging tools. The quality and accuracy of these logs are crucial as the oil company makes major production decisions from them;
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in a field setting for extended hours.
If you are highly driven, enjoy extensive travel, comfortable taking initiative, and can work in extreme outdoor environments and balance multiple priorities, you could go far on the Weatherford team. If you are prepared to succeed as part of a strong team tackling varied and complex problems, we would love to hear from you.
Minimum Next Gen Junior Field Engineer requirements include:
- BSc in Engineering (Oil & Gas related) or Geology
- Effective English written and oral communication skills
- basic computer and problem solving skills
- Must be able to travel to the USA for training
- A strong work ethics and leadership potential
- Previous oilfiled experience is an asset but is not required