SENIOR FIELD ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
Criteria: Minimum 7+ years related experience -
Reports to: Operations Manager/ Operations Supervisor
Job Definition: This is the top level of Field Engineer/Specialist, who have a demanding, hands-on job that makes use of the latest technologies to deliver solutions for our clients. Acts to manage field crews whenever necessary (similar to engineers) but also with a great deal of autonomy and responsibility.Trained and certified to maintain and run Special Services operations, among others. Uses creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems. Makes decisions and recommendations that are authoritative and have important impact on organization activities. Sets priorities and reconciles direction from competing interests. Works on programs with complex features. Develops standards and guidelines. Oversees technical issues of an entire program. Develops standards and guidelines. Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in broad general objectives. Routinely interacts with organizational leaders, clients, customers, officials and contractors.
The primary role of this job is to provide standalone job site execution of all aspects of the Liner Systems/ Completion operations including; equipment assembly, testing, inspection, installation and closure. This role will also entail the direct supervision of a minimum of one other field service personnel. A thorough experience in a wide array of jobs including; offshore / deep water, highly deviated wellbores, HPHT, etc. You will also be expected to follow a specified learning plan that will include various computer-based learning modules as well as classroom training. During this phase, you may take on miscellaneous tasks as assigned to you by your Supervisor.
- Attend classroom instructional sessions aimed at product line specific training
- Complete assigned computer-based training as per the predetermined Learning Plan.
- Perform job preparation tasks such as; measuring and documenting sales and rental items, assembly of tools per work instructions, preparation for testing, disassembly and repair of items per procedure.
- Prepare equipment for dispatch; package and load-out
- Perform the following; pre-job briefing, on-site equipment inspection and installation per job program.
- Completion of formal job closure including; post job tool inspections, back-loading of equipment, job ticket signature, job submission to Weather Performance Tracking System (WPTS)
- Prepare and keep accurate paperwork on delivery tickets, job reports, time sheets and other similar administrative forms.
- Perform necessary pre-job calculations to validate job design and equipment selection.
- Provide formal mentoring to a minimum of one other field service employee.
- Keep accurate paperwork of equipment used and services provided in the field. .
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the Liner Systems products and services including having the ability to correctly identify all tools and components.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Must attend all required safety training.
- Required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS