FIELD ENGINEER III - MPD< Back To Job Listing
1.1.1This Field Engineer is focused on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform any Secure Drilling Services (Secure Drilling Services) functions as a field engineer. The expectation at this level is for the individual to be proficient in all aspects related to Secure Drilling Services and Rotating Control Devices (RCD), Downhole Deployment Valve (DDV), Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), and Air drilling (AD) working independently, and being the primary technical and engineering support on the rig site, if required.
- Support our Health Safety and Environment policies. Safety Always - Rules to Live By.
- Provide onsite engineering support for Secure Drilling Services and to the client.
- At the discretion of Product Line Management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Rig up, operate and perform troubleshooting when necessary of the Secure Drilling Services and Rotating Control Devices equipment with minimal to no supervision from the Wellsite Supervisor. Ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied according to Weatherford Global Safety Manual and Global Business Unit requirements.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of all matters related to Secure Drilling Services and Rotating Control Devices and accessories under minimal to no supervision.
- Responsible for connecting sensors to the main data acquisition system, collecting the data, and performing data interpretation and system troubleshooting.
- Lead a team in green tagging, equipment maintenance and all documented procedures for Secure Drilling Services.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Work Instructions, Procedures and Workplace Safety guidelines/practices.
- Manage single phase and multiphase, steady state and transient and hydraulic simulators. Support operators with well balancing, surge/swab, torque and drag, directional drilling, and casing running calculations.
- Responsible for connecting our sensors to our main data acquisition system, collecting data, and providing data interpretation and system troubleshooting.
- Operate the semi-auto and/or manual Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) systems under supervision. Underbalanced Drilling (UBD), Choke, Downhole Deployment Valve (DDV), Land Rotating Control Devices (RCD) and multiphase separator operation will have to be monitored by the engineer.
- Interact with the rig crew and advise driller and client of events or potential problems identified during the operation.
- Responsible for the updating the daily report, records of events, proper database management of all well data, drilling programs, procedures, and End of Well report.
- Attend and support Hazard Operability Analysis (HAZOP), drill and well planning meetings.
- Complete all HSE training in order to meet the minimum certification and technical requirements required to perform their jobs and that has been identified by Global and regional Management team.
- Evaluates offset well data from client site.
- Review and modify drilling procedures.
- Provides client training.
- Authors/co-authors technical papers.
- Complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and performs competency assessments on junior personnel when required.
- Perform engineering simulation and enforce best operational practices on rig site.
- Responsible for ensuring Weatherford best practices are adhered to in all drilling proposals and programs.
- Recommend, refine, or establish documented procedures required to enhance operational procedures and systems.
- Support Wellsite Supervisor, Field Engineer or Project Engineer of higher level on performing rig inspection and assist in writing related report.
- Support Wellsite Supervisor, Field Engineer or Project Engineer of higher level on performing jobs audits.
- Support on preparing operating procedures in accordance to type of operation and help to optimize P&ID’s.
- Monitor, collect, plot, and analyze downhole data, focused on process optimization.
- Support on providing to rig/operator crew with technical presentation for training purposes.
- Complete all competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- At the discretion of management (Regional and/or Global), may be required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on Secure Drilling Services personnel when required.
- Keep them updated on other Weatherford products from the Service Company that could help the operator to optimize their drilling/completion process.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other tasks, regarding Secure Drilling Services and Weatherford assigned by management or supervisors within the physical constraints of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or other field related to the oil and gas industry
- 4 year of oilfield experience
- Knowledge of drilling and well control
- Knowledge networking systems
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Strong learning agility, ability to learn new technologies and processes in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel to remote land and offshore work locations and possibly to other countries.
- Ability to travel internally in the region or globally if required attending meetings, customer office assignments or operations.
- Exceptional computer skills; must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS