CNC LATHE OPERATOR - MSS< Back To Job Listing
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
- Accountable for QHSES and EEP operations for his relevant functions.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by the Line Management with the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and the delegate is capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Knowledge of Fanuc control programming and operation .Able to program and machine independently. Should be able to give correct cutting data of each type of tool according to type of cutter used.
- Manufacture, modify or repairs of jobs, tubular connections, accessories, tools and equipment as needed, by reading engineering drawing.
- Operate CNC lathes to fabricate parts as Builds and/or modifies equipment in accordance to established API specifications and procedures to meet specific requirements.
- Assists in maintaining machinery parts and ensures implementing the machineries’ preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes workplace safety as per company’s Safety policy
- Provides various other machining services when required.
- Works assignments carried out to the highest quality level. Required to work 12 hr shifts.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules, quality system and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures proper usage and care of measuring equipments like digital verniers, micrometers, telescopic gauges, optical tool setter, touch probes, etc.
- Familiar with API specification for repair and manufacture of related items.
- Required ITI or diploma / 2 years certificate in mechanical field and minimum 3 year experience CNC lathe operation.
- Mechanical aptitude. Good knowledge in reading engineering drawings and good mathematical skills.
- Extensive Ability and knowledge of operating milling/lathe and various hand tools such as grinders, etc. should have a thorough knowledge of cutting data of latest tooling.
- Good Working Knowledge of manufacturing and repairing of job work.( API Rotary casings and tubing threads, etc preferred for turners )
- Must be able to use and read Micrometers and various other measuring equipment.
- Individual must be able to speak and follow instructions in English.
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees. All applicants considered for hire are to be mentally and physically in sound condition to be able to handle the irregular working hours and adverse climatic conditions of the area. This is to be confirmed by a physical check at approved clinics.
- Required ITI or diploma or 2 years certificate in mechanical Engineering or minimum 5 years experience in CNC lathe operation.
- Minimum 3 year experience in CNC machining (milling/lathe).
- Candidate should have working experience as a Machinist experience with the same sort of equipment