Wireline General Field Engineer - Pressure Testing & Sampling< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Apply procedures for the operation of Wireline equipment / tools / techniques in order to ensure quality and cost effective service is provided to each customer. This position entails working within the Open Hole / Cased Hole/ Standard/ Compact /CML discipline. The individual will continue to receive training to extend their knowledge of services related to formation evaluation, conveyance, imaging, and explosive and radioactive handling / safety procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities: (not listed in any particular order)
- Plan and prepare for well site operations.
- Supervises Junior Field Engineer and Operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment.
- Conduct Wireline well site operations to the satisfaction of customer at well site.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum operating efficiency.
- Assures adherence to all safety regulations.
- Fosters and maintains customer relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services and ensures the confidentiality of all logging operations.
- Informs customers of any unusual conditions noted at the well, maintains direct contact with customer's representatives throughout the logging or completion operation; interprets common services in the assigned service area for customers.
- Promptly and accurately submits all required reports and data.
- Maintains assigned equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition and conducts self in an exemplary manner at all times.
- Prepares, drafts, and completes all logs for printing on location or immediately upon return to district office from job site, depending on customer requirements.
- Is available to perform duties on short notice, day or night, while on duty.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be certifiable in all applicable governmental compliance programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Subject to "on call" hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Long work hours.
- May be required to work at well site locations (offshore or out of town) for extended periods.
- Outdoor environment subject to temperature and weather change.
- Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.
Skills & Knowledge:
- One year experience as Engineer or equivalent position with an outside company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, physics or mathematics (preferred) or high school graduate plus Company engineer training and 5 years experience as Field Engineer (minimum).
- Internal applicants must meet all established criteria for Junior Field Engineer and satisfactorily complete the Engineer Breakout Exam/Progression Checklist.
- External applicants must have been an Engineer or higher level for at least one year with another Wireline Service Company and meets established job criteria including completion of Breakout Exam/Progression Checklist.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Wireline Field Engineer.
- College degree in Engineering or related science, or equivalent oilfield job experience.
- Evaluation of at least 'Satisfactory' in study of Field Engineer courses.
- Radiation, explosives, and pressure certification as required.
- Experience within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Compact / CML Experience
Educated to degree level in:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Able to travel to customer well site locations at short notice.
- Perform operations/services as required under instruction from lead engineer.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in varying conditions.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be safety conscious as each assignment will involve the implementation of health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Must be willing to spend extended periods of time at any field location.
- Honest, hard working and able to learn.
- Team worker - ability to work in team to achieve shared goals.
- Results focused - ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours/requirements.
- Self motivated.